What We Believe
We accept the Holy Bible as the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. The following summarizes our interpretation of Biblical doctrine:
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God and is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three in one, co-equal, which is the Trinity. (Matthew 28:19)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God, who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (I Corinthians 15:1-8)
- We believe that every person has worth as a creation of God; but that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- We believe that forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. (John 3:16)
- We believe that to accept Jesus Christ, one should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him. (Romans 9:10; Acts 2:38)
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to save the lost and edify the saved.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and that Christians will be joined in heaven forever. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
We believe this statement of faith to be an accurate summary of what the Bible teaches. In areas where the Bible is silent, and in areas of opinion, we allow liberty, recognizing that each individual must ultimately be responsible to God and answer to Him.